GRADUATION TRANSITIONS: GRADE 12
Four of the 80 credits you need for graduation come from Graduation Transitions. Graduation Transitions encourages you to:
- Take ownership of your health and learning
- Examine and demonstrate Connections between your learning and your future
- Create a plan for your growth and development as a skilled, health, knowledgeable, participating citizen.
It is expected that you will demonstrate the attitudes, knowledge and positive habits needed to be a healthy individual , responsible for your own physical and emotional well-being.
- Engage in at least 150 minutes per week of moderate to vigorous physical activity.
- Develop a long-term personal healthy living plan.
It is expected that you ill demonstrate the skills required to work effectivley and safely with others and to succeed as an indivualt and collaborative worker by:
- Participating in at least 30 hours of work experience and/or community services.
- Describe the duties performed, the connections between the experience and your employability and life skills, and the benefits
- Paperwork should be handed into the Career Centre
- See Ms. Gingras or Mr. Salvatore in the Career Centre for placements
CAREER AND LIFE
It is expected that you will demonstrate the confidence and competency needed to be a self-directed individual by:
- Developing a comprehensive plan that indicates you are prepared to successfully transition from secondary school, (Transition Plan forms are on school website. Workshop for Grade 12’s will be held in the new year. Watch bulletin for dates and times)
- Presenting selected components of your transition plan to members of the school and/or community. (Interviews are in the Spring)
FOR MORE INFORMATION SEE: Ms. Deitch Room 218
Assingments for the 2016-2017 school year will be up shortly.